- Construction, improvement, replacement, extension or acquisition of facilities and telecommunications equipment
- Long-term leases
- Engineering and network design, including environmental, historical, and cultural reviews
- Performance bonds, LoCs
- Workforce training
- Program costs
- Provision of affordable broadband programs
- Provision of digital training, education, technology support, outreach, and awareness
- Access to broadband services including public computer centers; public WiFi networks; broadband in public housing, schools, libraries, health centers, workforce development centers, and other Tribal anchor institutions;
- Needs assessment and Planning related to increasing broadband adoption, digital inclusion, online education, telehealth, and digital workforce initiatives
- Monitoring and evaluation of digital inclusion and broadband adoption programs
Evaluation criteria (need 70 points for the award)
- Project Purpose and Benefits (45 points)
i. Level of Need on the Tribal Land (35 points).
ii. Affordability of Services Offered (10 points).
- Project Viability (30 points)
i. Technical Approach and Related Network Planning, Capacity and Performance (20 points).
ii. Strength of Applicant’s Organizational Capability (10 points).
- Project Budget and Sustainability (25 points)
i. Reasonableness of the Budget (10 points).
ii. Sustainability of the Project (15 points)
- Standard Form 424: Application for Federal Assistance
- CD–511 Certification Regarding Lobbying
- For non-construction programs Standard Form 424A: Budget Information and Standard Form 424B: Assurances if you have not updated your account on Sam.gov since February 2019
- For construction programs SF424C Budget and SF-424D Assurances
- Project Narrative
- Status as an eligible entity
- Budget Narrative and Detailed Budget Justification
- Indirect Cost Rate (capped at 2%)
- Tribal Council resolution of consent (and Letters of Commitment if applicable)
- Maps of proposed service areas
- Community Economic Development Strategy (optional)
- Pro forma financial information and analyses for the proposed project(s), Network diagram and system design, and acceptance for the project to also be considered for the Treasury’s Coronavirus Capital Projects Fund.
- Applicant must be registered on Sam.gov
3-stage review process
- Initial Administrative and Eligibility Review of Applications
- Merit review
- Programmatic review